This Artists Series wine is big and boisterous, yet soft and silky, with flavors of dark cherry, mulled plum and cocoa nib.
29% Cabernet Sauvignon
19% Cabernet Franc
Syrah: Pace Vineyard, Yakima Valley AVA, Washington
Cabernet Sauvignon: Shaw Vineyard, Red Mountain AVA, Washington
Cabernet Franc: Six Prong Vineyard, Horse Heaven Hills AVA, Washington
WINEMAKER NOTES: The 2015 vintage in Washington state was the hottest to date, yet mild conditions near harvest left us with wines that exhibited both power and elegance. Inspired by some of Australia’s most famous blends, we combined soft, lush Syrah with firmly structured Cabernet Sauvignon and aromatic Cabernet franc. This dark, deep wine was aged in American oak barrels for rich tannins and structure, French barrels for enticing vanilla, and special hybrid barrels with alternating French and American oak staves for hints of clove and spice.
- Gold – 2019 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Gold Medal – 2018 Vinalies Internationales (Paris)
- Tasting Panel Magazine Publisher’s Picks – 91 Points
- Grilled sausage with roasted vegetables
- Rib-eye steak with maitre d’ butter
- Flavorful cheeses