Fermented and aged sur lie in a combination of new acacia,
neutral acacia, and neutral French oak, this multi-gold winning Chardonnay is rich, distinct, and expressive.
BLEND: 100% Chardonnay
Weyns Vineyard, Columbia Valley, WA
WINEMAKER NOTES: The 2018 vintage in Washington state had near-perfect growing conditions from bud-break until the end of harvest. This exceptional harvest weather gave our Chardonnay grapes great flavors and balanced chemistry. After hand harvesting and carefully pressing the grapes, we fermented half in neutral French oak barrels and half in Acacia barrels which are known for their contribution of unique floral aromas. Following fermentation, we aged the wine sur lie and employed a traditional batonnage approach for added complexity and layers.
- Gold – 2021 Great Northwest Platinum Awards
- Gold – 2021 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Gold – 2020 Cascadia Wine Competition
- Gold – 2020 Wine Press Northwest
- Grilled lobster with butter sauce
- Roasted chicken
- Soft cheddar cheeses