Refined with layers of ripe red cherry, wild blueberry, vanilla, and spice.
100% Pinot Noir
Vista Verde Vineyard, San Benito County, CA
WINEMAKER NOTES: The 2015 harvest in California was a stellar vintage and one of the earliest harvests on record. Our Pinot noir was harvested in early September from Vista Verde Vineyard – a site heavy in limestone and reminiscent of the famed soils of Burgundy. The quality of the grapes was exceptional with perfect chemistry and expressive flavors. To increase concentration and color, we saignéed a small portion of the juice and chose a low adsorbing yeast strain that aided in pigment retention. To respect the delicate fruit flavors, we aged this wine for 9 months in neutral French oak barrels before bottling.
- Double Gold – 2019 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Double Gold – 2018 San Francisco International Wine Competition (95 points)
- Gold – 2019 Great American International Wine Competition
- Gold — 2019 Critic’s Challenge – 92 Points
- Gold – 2018 Vinalies Internationales Paris
- Gold – 2018 San Diego International Wine and Spirits Challenge – 90 points
- Gold – 2018 Dan Berger International Wine Competition
- Bacon-wrapped scallops
- Smoked salmon
- Foie gras
- Cheese: Brie, Saint-Andre, Gouda, French Chevre, Light Cheddar