Intense aromas and flavors of candied raspberry, blackberry, and baking spice.
BLEND: 100% Dolcetto
Lava Cap Vineyards, El Dorado AVA, CA
WINEMAKER NOTES: Although the 2014 vintage in California was unusually mild, our Dolcetto came in from the Sierra Foot Hills intensely ripe with characteristically high acidity. Given the big fruit and ample alcohol, we felt this wine would benefit from aging in special barrels made with alternating French and American staves. These barrels contribute beautiful layers of tannin, spice, and complexity.
- Gold – 2018 Jefferson Cup Invitational Wine Competition
- Gold – 2018 San Diego International Wine and Spirits Challenge (91 Points)
- Gold – 2018 Dan Berger International Wine Competition
- Gold – 2018 Los Angeles International Wine Competition (91 Points)
- Gold – 2018 Global Wine Awards (90 Points)
- Grilled Salmon
- Herb-roasted chicken
- Hearty Red Sauce Lasagna