Our Garnacha is full bodied, smooth, and intensely fruity.
Garnacha: Six Prong Vineyard, Horse Heaven Hills AVA, Washington
Tempranillo: Knolls Vineyard, Victor and San Joaquin County AVA, California
WINEMAKER NOTES: In 2013, our Grenache grapes came from Washington State with the ideal chemistry for making a Spanish style wine. Very ripe red fruit flavors, high alcohol, and high acidity made it the perfect candidate for blending with our lower acid, dark fruit Tempranillo from California. The varietals were aged separately for 9 months then blended back to barrel for an additional 8 months before bottling. Given the full body, high alcohol, and intense fruit on this blend, we felt it would benefit from a heavy oak program. We chose mostly new and 1 year French for the sweet vanilla aromas and a little new and 1 year Kentucky American for a touch of caramel and spice.
- Double Gold – 2017 Jefferson Cup Invitational Wine Competition
- 92 points – Tasting Panel Magazine 2018 Publisher’s Picks
- Gold – 2018 Dan Berger International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 Great American International Wine Competition
- Pork Tenderloin
- Veal Piccata
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Cheese: Cheddar, British Cheeses