Compellingly aromatic and soft with plush tannins, our Priorat inspired blend has notes of boysenberry, cedar cigar box and crushed rock.
13% Cabernet Sauvignon
Grenache: Fountain Vineyard, Horse Heaven Hills AVA, Washington
Syrah: Echo Ridge Vineyard, Walla Walla Valley AVA, Washington
Merlot: Les Collines Vineyard, Walla Walla Valley AVA, Washington
Cab Sauvignon: Gilbert Vineyards, Horse Heaven Hills AVA, Washington
WINEMAKER NOTES: 2014 broke records for highest temps in eastern Washington, and this record heat brought our grapes to their maximum ripeness while eastern Washington’s usual dramatic swings between daytime highs and’ nighttime lows allowed our grapes to preserve ideal acidity. Our inspiration for this wine was the wines of Priorat, Spain. The base of this blend is Grenache which finished with surprisingly moderate alcohol given the hot vintage. After 9 months of aging in separate barrels, we then blended in our very ripe Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon for some heft and backbone. For a final touch, we added in a bit of soft Walla Walla Merlot to round out the blend. Given the hot vintage and ripe flavors, we chose to age the blend in a large percentage of new oak for added complexity.
- Double Gold – 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Gold – 2018 San Francisco International Wine Competition (92 Points)
- Gold – 2018 Vinalies Internationales Paris
- Gold – 2018 Critics Challenge International Wine & Spirits Competition (93 Points)
- Gold – 2017 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Charcuterie plate
- Spanish tapas