Smooth, dark, and elegant, our Petit Verdot has aromas of plum, violets, and spiced chocolate. If you’ve never had a Petit Verdot, this is the one to try!
BLEND: 76% Petit Verdot, 24% Tempranillo
Petit Verdot: Angiolina Vineyard, Yakima Valley AVA, WA
Tempranillo: Knolls Ranch, San Joaquin County AVA, CA
WINEMAKER NOTES: 2013 was an interesting vintage in Washington. Although the first half was very hot, the second half was more moderate with large swings between the daytime highs and nighttime lows causing some grapes to ripen with both high sugar and high acid. Since our Petit Verdot from Angiolina Vineyard in Yakima followed this trend, we added a little of our low acid Tempranillo from California to balance out the final blend. Petit Verdot, like Petite Sirah absolutely craves to be aged in 100% new Kentucky American barrels.
- Double Gold – 2017 Indy International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 Los Angeles International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2016 Winemaker Challenge – 87 Points
- Bacon-wrapped, blue-cheese-stuffed dates
- Chicken satay
- Game birds
- Caramelized onion and mushroom-topped steak
- Sage Cheddar