Our Petite Sirah may lure you in with its violets and rose petals, but its explosions of fruit, chewy tannins, and dark, rich cocoa flavors make it not for the faint of heart.
78% Petite Sirah
Petite Sirah: DeLu Ranches, Alta Mesa, CA
Syrah: Crawford Vineyard, Yakima Valley AVA, WA
WINEMAKER NOTES: The 2013 vintage around Lodi began with a warm spring but tapered off into a much more moderate summer and fall. This lead to more fruit driven wines than usual for this area. Given the bright fruit and moderate alcohol in the Petite Sirah, we decided to add some of our Syrah from the Yakima Valley to give the blend a floral element while boosting the alcohol slightly for a fuller bodied wine. Given the natural intense tannins in the Petite Sirah, we felt this dark, chewy wine would work well with new Kentucky American oak barrels.
- Double Gold – 2018 Global Wine Awards – 96 Points
- Double Gold – 2017 San Francisco International Wine Competition – 95 Points
- Double Gold – 2017 Jefferson Cup Invitational Wine Competition
- Gold – 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Anthony Dias Blue 2017 Reviews – 90 Points
- Beef stew
- Braised lamb
- Spicy Sausage with Caramelized Onions