With aromas of candied green apple and juicy pear, our off-dry Cayuga has a bright and refreshing finish. Easy sipping, this wine is one of our most popular every season.
BLEND: 100% Cayuga
Finger Lakes, NY
WINEMAKER NOTES: 2014 started off cool and wet in the Finger Lakes, but the autumn that followed was perfect—long, sunny and moderate, ripening the grapes slowly and beautifully. Our Cayuga came in with perfect chemistry for this light, off-dry style wine that has become so popular. For this vintage, we decided to work with a new yeast strain developed at the Australian Wine Research Institute that is a strong aroma producer by enhancing fermentation esters and volatile thiols. We are very happy with the results and it feels like this yeast was designed specifically for the Cayuga White grape. We fermented and aged this wine in stainless steel with as little oxygen exposure as possible to retain its beautiful aromas. As a final touch, we retained a small amount of perceptible CO2 from the primary fermentation for a nice, slight spritz upon opening.
- Gold – 2017 Los Angeles International Wine Competition (93 points)
- Silver – 2016 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 Great American International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 Indy International Wine Competition
- Any Cheese!
- Apple tart
- Chicken salad with Granny Smith apple
- Mulligatawny soup