This Artist Series wine is a harmonic fusion between old world inspiration and new world terroir with traditional flavors of black currant, cherry, and vanilla. This wine will age beautifully.
89% Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon: Boushey Vineyard, Yakima Valley AVA, Washington
Merlot: Two Mountain Vineyard, Yakima Valley AVA, Washington
WINEMAKER NOTES: Our inspiration for this blend was the great wines of Bordeaux and, in particular, Chateau Margaux. While visiting France a few years ago, we made a joke of getting a photo in front of the imposing gates of Chateau Margaux which was as close as we could ever hope to get to that great winery. We contracted for some high-end Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from Dick Boushey, one of the most respected grape growers in Washington state, and decided to purchase barrels from the Allier forest in France to age it in. We then blended in just a touch of Merlot, as they do in Bordeaux, and voila, this bold, beautiful wine was born.
A special thank you to artist Erin McGee Ferrell for capturing our winemaker’s passion in her painting which became the wine’s label.
- Best Bordeaux Blend – Double Gold – 2017 San Francisco International Wine Competition – 99 Points
- Double Gold – 2017 Indy International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2016 Winemaker Challenge – 88 Points
- Silver – 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 Great American International Wine Competition
- Braised Short Ribs
- Buffalo Slider
- Blue Cheese Crostini
- T-Bone Steak
- Cheese: Olive Oil Marinated Chevre, Blue Cheese, Thyme Cheddar