With underlying hints of toast and spice, this wine has aromas of ripe peach, honey, and clementine. With bright acidity, Albariño is a perfect pairing for summer.
BLEND: 100% Albariño
46% Andrews Vineyard, Horse Heaven Hills AVA, WA
54% Gomez Ranch, Lodi, CA
WINEMAKER NOTES: 2014 broke records for highest temps in eastern Washington, and this record heat brought our grapes to their maximum ripeness. True to the vintage, our Washington lot came in very ripe and finished with extremely high alcohol so we felt it would do well to age sur lie in used barrels—stirring the lees every other week for four months to create a rich creamy mouthfeel. The temperatures in California were much more moderate resulting in significantly lower alcohol and higher acid on the finished wine. We fermented and aged the California lot in stainless steel then blended with the Washington lot after completing the cycle of lees stirring in barrel. The final blend has all the ripe fruit of an intensely hot growing season with moderate alcohol and fresh acidity for a beautifully balanced blend.
- Silver – 2017 San Francisco Chronicle
- Silver – 2017 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2017 Los Angeles International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver – 2016 Los Angeles International Wine Competition
- Cured Meats
- Prosciutto-wrapped melon
- Fresh summer salad with a vinaigrette
- Curry-dusted Seared Scallops